Killer Cakes – Issue 48

Posted on Aug 27 2012

Welcome!

A certain author I know–who will remain nameless–has a birthday coming up. That said, she has sent me a couple suggestions for her birthday cake.

Pink Cake Box Cake

Pink Cake Box Cake

The top one is her favorite.

16 responses to “Killer Cakes – Issue 48”

1. Whitney says:

I agree! Just seeing the top one startled me. What a wonderful talent to have. To create such intricate beauty that is personalizd like that–I wouldn’t be able to cut it. The talent to create books is to me as great as the talent to create such interesting pieces. Thank you for bringing both into my life.

2. Whitney says:

Please wish that certain author a very Happy Birthday!

3. Rita Wray says:

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful relaxing day. The cakes are absolutely beautiful. I’ve never seen anything like that.

4. apple blossom says:

nice picture of cake posted today. love the purse too. thanks

5. Karen B says:

Happy birthday to you! I like the top one, too.

kpbarnett1941[at]aol.com

6. Laney4 says:

Well, I certainly wish “you know who” a very happy birthday!!!
    I’d like to thank you for sharing those photos. I think I gained 5 pounds just by looking at them, LOL!
    I don’t know, though, about that top photo. A person could say that it is only for “heels” (bad pun)!
    Have a good one….

7. Laney4 says:

Not sure that went through….

Well, I certainly wish “you know who” a very happy birthday!!!

Have a good one….

seytype at hotmail dot com

8. KarenM says:

I’ve done cake decorating, even taught it at JCPenney. Those are really wonderful cakes taking tons of (wo)man hours. Happy birthday, we share the same birthday month.

9. Connie Fischer says:

Happy, Happy Birthday!! The cake is stunning! Can you imagine actually receiving something as beautiful as that? I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to eat it because it’s so pretty. I would love to watch someone put that together. Wonder how long it took. Sigh….gorgeous. Hope your day is extra special.

10. Jenny Dunham says:

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

I absolutely love that top cake. Anything in purple is a favorite of mine. And it definitely looks too good to eat. 😉

11. Laura says:

Happy Birthday!

Both cakes are amazing (love the stitch marks on the purse cake) but that top cake is simply stunning. (Plus it helps that the top cake is in my fave colour – purple.)

lauraalbert@hotmail.com

12. Michelle Fidler says:

Too delicious to eat! I like the purple color, as do a lot of people. I do some baking, but I could never make that fancy a cake. Happy Birthday!

spookycat72(at)gmail(dot)com

13. Kai W. says:

I had to wait until I could get home to blog. Can’t do blogging at work.

14. sandy haber says:

happy belated birthday! those cakes were/are exquisite!! hope they tasted as good as they look.

15. Gayle says:

The winners of THE LONG STITCH GOODNIGHT (chosen by the Random Number Generator) are:

No. 5 – Karen B
    No. 8 – Karen M
    No. 7 – Laney4

Thank you all for your comments! You guys are the best! (KarenM, I need your email address or you can simply send your mailing address to gayle@gayletrent.com).

16. I agree I totally LOVE the first one.